INVEST IN PORT COLBORNE
WHY PORT COLBORNE
The City of Port Colborne is embarking on a new strategic direction to becoming the ultimate small City for business friendly processes and a hub for entrepreneurship. Port Colborne is capitalizing on its advantageous location and bringing about significant and deliberate transformation through emphasis on innovation, entrepreneurship and workforce development.
1. Are you looking for a new location to establish a new company or to grow an existing operation?
2. Are you seeking a strategic location that allows easy access to both Canadian and USA markets?
3. Are you seeking affordable employment landsin a business friendly environment?
then..... INVEST IN PORT COLBORNE
Contact our Economic Development and Tourism Division to learn more
Economic Development Officer
City of Port Colborne
66 Charlotte Street
Port Colborne, Ontario, L3K 3C8
Tel: 905-835-2900 ext. 502
Email the Economic Development Officer
PORT COLBORNE ADVANTAGE
• Regional population 447,888, City population 18,306
• Labour Force over 200,000 (within 30 minutes)
• Only 20 minutes from the U.S. Border
• Competitive cost of doing business
• Serviced industrial land with highway, rail and sea port access
• Easy access via highway, railway and shipping canal
• Close to 3 major international airports; Toronto, Hamilton & Buffalo
• City owned railroad offering competitive rates and excellent service
• Capabilities for the movement of over-dimensional and specialized project cargo gives Port Colborne a strategic advantage not found in many port facilities on the Great Lakes.
• Manufacturing economy centred around bio-manufacturing and fabricated metals
• Emerging Tourism sector with significant investment opportunities
• The Welland Canal provides competitive advantages to businesses located in Port Colborne, connecting them to ports throughout the Great Lakes and the Atlantic Ocean.
Find out how the City of Port Colborne Economic Development can support your business growth and development needs. Join us, as we PROPEL PRORT COLBORNE.